PURE Balance Pilates Reformer Instructor Training
This course introduces the Universal Reformer, the center piece of the Pilates equipment studio and an invaluable training tool. Reformer 1 includes an introduction to safely using the Pilates Reformer for a wide variety of supine, seated and standing exercises for the beginning to intermediate student. Movement Principles include improving lower body alignment, creating balanced muscle development and learning a protocol for effectively training the upper body.
Reformer 1 (80 hours)
Introduction to the Reformer & Beginning Exercises
Prerequisites: Movement Principles and 20 Reformer classes.
Reformer Program Includes:
- Exercise instruction in the complete Reformer repertoire.
- A detailed, full colour manual.
- Successful class design and delivery based on the Movement Principles and PURE Balanced Pilates Programming System.
- Instruction in observing and analyzing posture and movement.
- Development of cueing, coaching and teaching skills.
- Guidelines for teaching older adults, pre and post–natal women, and clients with common orthopedic conditions.
- Equipment safety and maintenance.